Providing great customer service for your clients should not end after the purchase is made -- in fact, it’s only the beginning. Gain long-term loyalty by offering creative ways for your customers to update their jewelry collection -- even when they’re not ready to buy a new piece.
In her JCK Online blog “Jewels on Jewels”, Cynthia Sliwa offers tips on updating your customer’s jewelry wardrobes. “Now’s the time to replace a boring clasp with something interesting that might be worn front and center. Or to dismantle a set of pearls or beads and add some interesting elements to create a much bolder statement necklace.”
To thrive with customer loyalty, Sliwa suggests holding a “jewelry makeover event” and incorporating the following ideas:
- Invite customers to bring in their old jewelry (earrings, bracelets, brooches, necklaces and rings) for a complete restyle
- Have staff ready to help design new pieces from the existing jewelry
- Invite an image or beauty consultant to help customers with fresh and flattering ideas
- Think of how you can remodel jewelry in a way that freshens up your customer’s jewelry wardrobes.
- Help customers develop wish lists for future purchases.
Image from Miriam's Fine Jewelry.