Some tips from Jewelers Mutual on preventing safe or vault burglaries:
- Confirm that your alarm system provides line security. That way if a burglar attempts to compromise the line, it will be detected.
- Extra Tip: JM recommends you get a UL-certified Central Station burglar alarm system.
- Test your system periodically, and make sure proper maintenance checks are performed at least annually.
- Respond to all alarm signals. Never assume it’s a false alarm, as burglars could be testing or interfering with your line.
- Provide your alarm service company with cell phone numbers for the owner and/or designated employees to call in an alarm situations.
Take The Tip:
- Jewelers of America members can learn more about this and other safety topics, by visiting the new Security & Risk Prevention section at JA’s online Educational Resource Library, at www.jewelers.org. Click here to read Jewelers Mutual’s “Safe & Secure Series” now.
- JA members also have free access to Jewelers Mutual's online training program, JM University. Click here to learn more.